Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Beadboard LOVE :)

Look at what I just whipped up today!  :)  This baby is HUGE....it's 4' long and fit a boring empty wall.  It's just beadboard, ribbon and letters that I bought last night at Hobby Lobby!  I sure hope the girlie likes it.  I'm sure she will.  It's pink and glittery. 

Breakdown of cost:
  • Beadboard -- FREE (leftover from a previous project)
  • LOVE letters -- $2.49 each, for a total of $9.96 (plus tax)
  • Pink paint -- FREE (someone from FB gave it to me)
I painted my beadboard pink.  I sprayed the letters white.  Then slapped on a coat of Mod Podge and sprinkled clear glitter over them.  I drilled mini holes at the top so I could string my ribbon through and used a glue gun to attach the letters.

Yippee.  I LOVE it and can't wait for her reaction tonight! 

And for a little more perspective, here it is in relation to the room.  Please don't judge the mess.  She's got to put her laundry away...and I also think I'm gonna repaint her room a more neutral color.




1 comment:

cherylsblogdoodles.blogspot.com said...

oohhhhhh....I LOVE IT!! I'm sure Miss R will too!! Sparkly and all! I LOVE the Glass Slipper color in there! Does she want it repainted or are you just bored? Ha!!